Don’t Just Survive the Holidays, THRIVE!
I often hear from friends about how they can’t believe how much they ate at a holiday event. They complain about feeling sluggish, gaining weight and wonder how I survive the holidays.
Rather than survive, I would rather thrive! So I have a few strategies that help me feel great throughout the season.
- Bring a delicious healthy dish to share. This way you know there will be at least one thing that you will eat and you can show others how delicious your healthy lifestyle is!
- Eat something whole and nutritious so that you won’t be hungry at the party.
- Focus on socializing and connecting with friends and family rather than eating.
- Decide ahead of time which foods you choose NOT to eat. As a vegan, it’s easy, since much of what you find on the buffet table typically contains some animal products. I don’t feel deprived, though, because I have already eaten something before leaving home, and I brought a dish that I love!
- Commit to only one dessert. Or, if you must, a small taste of two. Choose wisely!
When it comes to gift-giving, try to be mindful in your choices. Check out my previous post on Mindful Gift-Giving for ideas.